Tuesday, July 20, 2010

CASE 39 Trailer HD allhorrornews.blogspot.com






This review is for a movie called case 39. It stars Renee Zellweger, bradley cooper and Jodele Ferland, you know the little evil bitch from Silent Hill. This movie was filmed in Canada in 2006 and had a release date of aug 2008 but has yet been pushed back multiple times and now isnt even scheduled for an American release. It has been released in the U.K. among other countries and after seeing it myself I really am not sure why its having so much trouble getting American support. I think it would do pretty well, watch the trailer yourself. I thought it looked like a pretty intriguing movie from the trailer alone. Again I flew to the UK to watch it or some shit like that.. but from what i hear you can find a copy online if you dont want to wait. Anyway here is what I think of it.
First off this to me isnt a Renee Zellweger type of movie at all but I like that! Her face annoys me but I like to see actors step outside of their typecast roles. She did a pretty damn good job in this also. The acting all around was pretty good, even the little evil bitch. The main problem I had with this movie was the lack of explanation. A few scenes felt like the ring, where they go back and talk to the parents but in this the parents didnt have answers. They were just kinda like, shes evil kill the bitch.. I think he pretty much said she was that way since birth? I would have even liked something small and vague like "oh we went camping and she disappeared then when she came back she was different".. ANYTHING! I would have givin it an extra star because that small detail would have added so much more to the feeling of it. But all in all it was a good film.
It starts out as a regular Renee Zellweger movie where she plays a case worker trying to save kids from troubled homes. She is stressed and bogged down with cases but her boss throws one more her way Case 39 (hence the name..). This case will be special tho. She goes to the house to find out whats going on and the parents are super weird and uncommunicative so she goes back and tells her boss to call them in for a meeting at the office. There the girl tells Renees character about how she hears her parents saying they want to send her to hell. They try to get a statement from the girl but intimidate by her fathers stare she wont give it. Later Renee gets a call from her saying something about her being in trouble and she was about to fall asleep, so Renne speeds over with the back up of a police friend to find her parents doing something pretty cruel to her, i dont want to give too much away. Needless to say the girl is taking into custody and put into foster care but begs Renee to adopt her instead, days later she gets the go ahead and takes the little bitch into her own home. The first 20-30 minutes have this build up between the two characters and its kind of an AWWWWW situation. Soon after you realize something is not right and people start dying.
Is she possessed? Are there demons following her? You decide. But I can say this movie had a few moments that gave me chills. On the other hand it had a few moments that should have given me more chills. I was very satisfied with it in general but I feel like they should have done a few things different. I have to say the fact that this movie is unreleased makes it a hidden gem in my eyes because it was pretty damn good. I would give it a 7 stars out of 10 and like i said earlier it could have been easily 8 if there were slightly more of a story. I do highly recommend it to any horror fan and hope it sees the light of day in the U.S. and not as a made for tv release, I feel its strong enough to get a theater release for sure. Let me know what you think of it.


1 comment:

  1. Woah, cool shit dude! I hope more people get a chance to check this out. Lets hope for a quick US release date eh?

    ReplyDelete

Promote my blog