Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The top four horror movies I'm looking forward to in the next half of 2010



Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D - September 10th, 2010

This movie almost looks like a "Me, Myself & Irene" spoof. Apparently we get to see some of those clones we saw at the end of last installment. I look forward to finally seeing some more of Wesker, one of my favorite video game villains. Otherwise, this looks like another "meh" entry in the series.



Paranormal Activity 2 - October 22nd, 2010

This one I'm slightly confused about. We know one thing for sure, that Katie is returning. How and why has yet to be revealed but I can't wait to find out. What I'm concerned about is that supposedly both Kaite AND Micah are set to return, but this is still labeled a sequel? Hmmm, sound off in the comments if you can wrap your mind around that.



Saw VII - October 22nd, 2010

Okay, seriously... seven?! What are they thinking? The series' gross revenue peaked at part 3, and the reviews have only been going down since the first one, which still only managed to peak at 47% on Rotten Tomatoes. Although part 6 did manage a 42% rating that doesn't excuse part 5's paltry 13%. Can you see what I'm getting at? Why do you think that part 8 has been scrapped? They are just trying to wrap it up at this point. Sorry, no trailer for this one, yet.


The Last Exorcism - August 27th, 2010

Alright, now here is a movie I can get behind. Produced by Eli Roth, admittedly one of my favorite people in Hollywood, this is sure to be a hit. You might recognize his name from Hostel or Cabin Fever, or as an actor in Death Proof or Inglourious Basterds.

The film follows Reverend Cotton Marcus to the farm of Louis Sweetzer to perform what he believes to be just another routine exorcism. Once there though, things only take a turn for the worse... but what else would it be, geez! This is a horror flick, not a comedy! haha



Super 8

As a final treat I'd just like to share the trailer for Bad Robots new flick, Super 8. Very little is known about this movie at the current time, and when I say very, I mean essentially nothing but the title, seriously. Either way I'm very excited for the release and hope this turns out just as well as Cloverfield.

1 comment:

  1. hmm well i agree with you for the most part, but the last exorcism i have mixed feelings on. Exorcism movies in general arent very scary to me, because you usually have to be religious to get fear from this. However it is done by strike. Eli roth on the other hand is good at gore, good movies not hardly. Cabin Fever sucked my balls hard.

    ReplyDelete

Promote my blog